The Retreat is a business dedicated to giving excellent services, advice and treatments to its Customers in a calm, peaceful, empathetic environment. The business is driving for growth whilst not compromising the quality of service it delivers to its clients. A key part of this is building a team that can deliver continuity and growth for the individuals in the business as well as the business overall.
The Retreat's ideal candidate will be a flexible, motivated, friendly professional with a passion for their chosen career. For this position, a minimum of 1 years experience working in a salon environment, to a high standard, is required. We are an IIAA Bronze salon so experience in working with Environ, Advanced Nutrition Programme and Jane Iredale Skincare Makeup would be an advantage but training will be given to the right individual. A high level of competency in the use of Hot Wax, especially Intimate Waxing, Gel Polish, Classic & Russian Lashes, Threading, Make Up, Massage and Electrical Facials are required and additional training can be given to the right candidate. We also require you to be comfortable and competent at retailing aspects.
Hours are 25 per week with a view to increasing as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate excellent care and skills when providing services to clients
* Ensure bookings are managed well including where they may need to be re-organised or cancelled
* Provide direct support to the Salon Owner
* Carry out checks to ensure treatment rooms and public areas are clean, well stocked, safe and hygienic.
* To be a role model - demonstrate how to provide excellent customer service throughout the client’s time with us.
* Inform the Salon Owner of customer care issues.
* Take opportunities to maximise sales of Products.
* Be proactive in achieving sales targets.
* Monitor and control stock levels and let the Salon Owner know when levels need replacing.
* Complete orders when the Salon Owner is absent.
*Social Media – during working hours, messages and comments on Facebook and Instagram to be dealt with should the Salon Owner be unavailable to do so.
Principle accountabilities :
* Take responsibility for the salon when the Salon Owner is absent, including team management and customer service. This also applies, where necessary, to self employed/freelance workers.
* Identify and report to the Salon Owner any breach in GDPR.
* Identify and report to the Salon Owner any breakdown in Business Process.
* Handling of some Social Media.
Core Competencies :
*NVQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy
*NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
*Ability to interact well with clients
*Competency with using Microsoft Office programmes and salon booking software
*Ability to maintain a professional relationship with other employees
Person Specification :
*Understanding and empathy for and with, clients.
*Willingness to turn their hand to anything needed in a small business to the best of their ability.
*Understand priorities for the business and manage appropriately
*A keenness to think about the best practices and services the salon could provide, and discuss with team
Job Type: Part-time